CertainTeed Standard Warranty Coverage, Wind Warranty and SureStart Plus Warranty
CertainTeed’s former 30 year products are now named “Landmark” and “Landmark Max Def,” and now have a “Limited Lifetime Warranty.”
Explanation of CertainTeed Limited Lifetime Warranty Terms:
CertainTeed Landmark and Landmark Max Def have a 10 year non-prorated warranty period that covers manufacturing defects 100%–which includes both materials and labor. After the first 10 years are done, the warranty prorates on a 50 year schedule. At year 40, the proration stops, and the roof will maintain 20% of its material value moving forward. This is why it is called a “Lifetime Limited Warranty.”
- CertainTeed’s new standard “Lifetime” warranty covers defects that affect performance and aesthetic defects that affect appearance – such as staining and discoloration. (Competitor’s warranties do not specifically state that they cover aesthetic defects – only that they cover “defects that affect performance and cause leaks”)
- Algae-Resistance Warranty–10 Years Non Prorated (other shingle brands algae-resistance warranties provide less coverage and are prorated after the 1st year)
- The Standard Wind Warranty is 110 mph–right out of the box with no special installation requirements – made possible by CertainTeed’s new “Generation 3 High Performance Sealant.”
- The Wind Warranty is upgradeable to 130 mph
- Install shingles w/ 4 nails per shingle (some “Windstorm Zones” require 6 nails)
- Install CertianTeed SwiftStart Starter around the entire perimeter
- Install one pre-cut ridge products–Shadow Ridge, Cedar Crest Ridge or Mountain Ridge (3 tab cannot be used on ridge when upgrading to 130 mph)
CertainTeed Certified “Shingle Master Companies” and “Select Shingle Master Companies” can offer the 3Star, 4Star and 5Star – “SureStart Plus” Extended Warranties if all components of the “CertainTeed Integrity Roof System” are installed.
- 3 Star SureStart Plus Warranty: Extends the standard 10 Year Non-Prorated period to 20 years Non-Prorated/100% Material & Labor Coverage against defects
- 4 Star SureStart Plus Warranty: Extends the standard 10 Year Non-Prorated period to 50 Years Non-Prorated/100% Material & Labor Coverage against defects
- 5 Star SureStart Plus Warranty: Extends the standard 10 Year Non-Prorated period to 50 Years Non-Prorated/100% Material & Labor Coverage against defects. 25 Year Non0Prorated Coverage of Workmanship. Contractor is responsible for first 2 years.
- CertainTeed Integrity Roof System Components:
- CertainTeed Landmark/Landmark Max Def Shingles
- CertainTeed WinterGuard Ice and Water Shield (2 square roll) installed in the valleys and around roof penetrations
- CertainTeed Roofers Select Felt (4 square roll) or Diamond Deck Synthetic Underlayment (10 square roll). CertainTeed does not accept other underlayments but they must be ASTM Rated.
- CertainTeed Ridgevent: If roof has ridgevent, CertainTeed Ridgevent must be installed. If roof does not have ridgevent, CertainTeed only requires that the roof be adequately ventilated.
- CertainTeed Pre-Cut Ridge: Shadow Ridge, Cedar Crest Ridge, Mountain Ridge. CertainTeed XT5 3 Tab is also acceptable on hips and ridges.
- We can now offer 3Star, 4Star, & 5Star Warrantee coverage when installing a CertainTeed XT25 3Tab Roofl.